What pre to use with Vons and Bryston 2B-SST?

I own a pair of Von Schweikert VR2's with a Bryston 2B-sst driving them. I am auditioning a PS Audio PCA-2 for the preamp and am happy with what im hearing but would like a little "warmer" sound. I dont want to spend more than $2000 on the pre new or used. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
jlind325is
thank you all for the suggestions. My dealer sells BAT products so i might end up going that route. The Rogue stuff looks like fun as well. I should of stated that it must have a remote control option. What can i say im lazy.
justin
If you want a warmer sound, get that Bryston out of your system and put in something like a McCormack DNA-125/225. I tried a Bryston 4BSST, 7BST monos and 14BSST with my 4JRs and I hated all three - it's just too bright and uninvolving for the VSAs which seem to love REFINEMENT. I've owned the 2BSST as well and found it no different than the other Brystons I've tried on another system, though I did not try it with my 4JRs.

Please do not misunderstand my post and label me a Bryston hater - they make great amps that are great in certain applications. My ears and my 4JRs don't like them.

Get a different SS amp and tube pre - that'll most certainly solve your problems.
Thanks Drew,

I am actually going to demo a BAT Vk300xSE soon. Im going to try it as a pre with the Bryston to see how it sounds with a tube pre. As well as listen to it as a whole. i agree with you on the uninvolving aspect of what im hearing. I would say my gear sounds good and neutral but it just dosent grab and pull me into the music. I couldnt determine if it was the bryston or if it was the PS Audio PCA-2 pre amp i am using. With the BAT in my system it should definately clear some things up. I will let you know what i find out. thanks
Let your ears decide, the SST Bryston's are pretty good amps. Many folks, just pile on Bryston, without any good reason.

I would take very lightly, advice that any amp other than your Bryston, will solve your problem.
12inchwoofer-

do you have any recommendations? i bought the bryston from my dealer, i like his ear and his recommendations have been very good. I think the problem is the PS Audio pre but i wont know till i put the BAT in and determine what really is the piece that needs to go.i should note that he didnt recommend the PS pre, he is jsut letting me use it. I am embarrased about the room i have my gear in but that will change in a few months. i know that sitting in the nearfield is definetly brightening things up but i have no other choice. any advice is appreciated.