Are you still playing CDs after, comp based syst?

I own 2 DACs
Hegel hd11
P S audio PWD,
Macbook pro
Sometimes I have the urge to spin a CD, no idea if this mostly psichological?
I dont currently own any cdp, wondering if I could get a value/performance one, I also play vinyls a lot, but I do have many cds.

Rest of my system.
Luxman 550 AII
Harberth comp 7 ES3

My budget for a cdp around 1000 new or used?

Thanks
128x128mountainsong
I would hazard a guess that people that have computer based systems listen to a lot more music than those that don't. The convenience factor is a monster. Yes, my cd player sounds much better, but I get much more enjoyment out of my computer based system because getting to the music I want to hear is very easy to access. For me it's all about the music. The more music I have access to the better.
Mitch,

I would not guess about others, but, my experience mirrors yours. I like the sound of my CD player, but, I find much more pleasure in the music using the server--it is so much easier to locate and sample long-forgotten purchases, and I enjoy putting together playlists that are hours long with just a few minutes of scrolling through my collection.

In the two weeks I've had the server, I have managed to load almost 600 albums, so I have a LONG way to go. The tedious task of loading albums and editing the metadata is the big ergonomic downside to the server.
Larry, the tedium of loading those albums is going to pay huge dividends once you are all done.

Next year I plan to buy an analog to digital converter to digitize some of my LP's that were never released on cd....now THAT will be tedious!
Sorry Realremo! The Major Labels ARE gearing up for all of
their New Music to ONLY be available as Music Downloads.
That means NO CD Release! I have already come across
numerous New Artists whose Music is only available via
Music Downloads. I have already come across thousands of
CDs that are out of print (Not Available in CD). Only
access to these selections still remains strictly Music
Downloads. "...and they wonder why anyone would still be
buying shiny discs", those are the majority of Customers that Manufacturers are targeting with Music Downloads $$$!
Shiny Disks just get in the way, well...they have just got
to go! The CONVENIENCE is in the money going into the
pockets of these Manufacturers, selling disposably cheap
Music Files. Music Quality being replaced with the
conveniently disposable cheap for profit. Quality costs
money to produce, lower Quality to maximize Profit. To give
up Quality for the sake of convenience- IN THIS ECONOMY???
If there is another Recession, maybe we deserve what we get! We no longer have ANY Standard for Music Quality. Any
Standard for Quality in anything else we buy- will be the
next of many dominoes to fall. Might as well just sign over
your entire monthly Paycheck for a few beans! Sooo Sad!!!
I had fun as well when it came to the convenience of perusing my collection. Fast and easy became the norm. It was only when I swapped out some ICs that I came to the conclusion that all bets were off as far as sound quality: the difference was that big.

Being a cheapie, I 'retreated' back to my CDP and my old ways, Ol' fart that I am.

Better PC audio is just around the corner and when it comes, I'll be among the first to adopt. Check out Sarjans review of the ASUS DAC/Headphone/Preamp
http://6moons.com/audioreviews/asus/1.html

Yes, that ASUS. And pay attention to his remarks at the end of his review. ASUS has the means and market reach to finally come up with a dedicated laptop music server and keep the cost down, if only they listen.....

I recall a member here who wanted to see if there were enough feedback and willingness to seek out a maker of laptops for the same purpose. After reading Sarjans review, I feel it's just a matter of time.

All the best,
Nonoise