Are you still playing CDs after, comp based syst?

I own 2 DACs
Hegel hd11
P S audio PWD,
Macbook pro
Sometimes I have the urge to spin a CD, no idea if this mostly psichological?
I dont currently own any cdp, wondering if I could get a value/performance one, I also play vinyls a lot, but I do have many cds.

Rest of my system.
Luxman 550 AII
Harberth comp 7 ES3

My budget for a cdp around 1000 new or used?

Thanks
128x128mountainsong
Yeah, I kind of felt the same way being cajowled into pulling teeth for some CD Selection out of a dwindling
Format. Been painted into a corner of Computer Audio
Format Selection (Still Limited). Both Formats have
something to offer. Shoot, I would buy the same selection
from both Formats. I would probably keep the one that
sounded the best- never in the same Format! Buy the best
sounding of Computer Audio, and CD- never the same selection. No, everyone had to have the CONVENIENCE of
Computer Audio Format- or the HIGHWAY. Who is more foolish,
the fool- or the fool who follows him. If you were fooled, I followed! We have no adequate Music Format now! Our Music is splintered all over the place. I find this condition unacceptable. When do we start to fix this- or is it too INCONVENIENT to do so? Do we continue to strangle
what little life is left in the CD Format? Simple question
only requiring a simple YES, or NO! You tell me where we go from here- I'm just lost! I'm out of suggestions, and
completely frustrated- I give up! Our Music is a mess of
splintered Formats. Computer Audio is completely splintered. I don't know where to get Music from anymore.
I just buy used or new CDs and rip them. I basically open the CD case once, pop it into my laptop to rip it to my external hard drive, and practically never open that case again, unless I want to re-rip it into another format for some weird reason. So I guess I am a PC audio guy who still buys CDs. People come over and simply marvel at how many CDs I have, and they wonder why anyone would still be buying shiny discs..."they sound better than the iTunes stuff," I tell them; I don't get into details. Whenever this happens, it reminds me of the old CD vs vinyl issue, and it makes me feel really old! CDs are going to be around for a long time still.
I would hazard a guess that people that have computer based systems listen to a lot more music than those that don't. The convenience factor is a monster. Yes, my cd player sounds much better, but I get much more enjoyment out of my computer based system because getting to the music I want to hear is very easy to access. For me it's all about the music. The more music I have access to the better.
Mitch,

I would not guess about others, but, my experience mirrors yours. I like the sound of my CD player, but, I find much more pleasure in the music using the server--it is so much easier to locate and sample long-forgotten purchases, and I enjoy putting together playlists that are hours long with just a few minutes of scrolling through my collection.

In the two weeks I've had the server, I have managed to load almost 600 albums, so I have a LONG way to go. The tedious task of loading albums and editing the metadata is the big ergonomic downside to the server.