Audio Horizons TP 2.0 Preamplifier

Anyone famaliar with the manufacturer,and in particular
this pre amp.The credentials and testimonials seem
impressive.The advertised 10 day audition is appealing.
markwatkiss
I too am very pleased with the Tp 2.0 preamp. Joseph Chow is extremely gifted. I have only had the preamp for a little over two weeks, but each day it seems to get better. The clarity, transparency, dynamics, harmonics, tonal balance,timbre,soundstage,presentation of voices,etc. is the best I have ever experienced with any preamp, mostly solid state. I fell in love with the sound of tubes when I was a young man and it looks like I'll stay with tubes now until I'm an old man. The preamp is so revealing that it very easily shows both the weaknesses and strengths of the cables and power cords used with it. I am so pleased with Joseph's work that I'm sending my last tuner to him to have him work his magic on it. This tuner, a Citation 18, was recently modded by a very reputable tuner modifier, and in this version, it pales in comparison to the Citation 14 tuner that Joseph modded for me last month. I'm still undecided on Joseph's power cords. I am having very good results, however, with his budget Premium cord on my tuner. I just got in some older and supposedly better e88cc tubes that I'm going to drop into the preamp for evaluation, but I'm so happy with the present sound that I've procrastinated doing it. Stay tuned for more developments...
Sherod and Rx8man,
As you know, Joseph has created an upgrade path in the design of the Audio Horizons preamp. To which configuration of the Audio Horizons preamp are you listening? Are you using the TP 2.0nB?

Mine is the n version which has the added noise filter on the power supply and the upgraded Hovland caps. Victor tried to talk me into the balanced mode, but I decided to hold off on that as my monoblocs are unbalanced. I did upgrade the e88cc tubes to Siemens, early 60's, which made a nice improvement.
I have the 'I' version with the noise filter, Hovland caps, upgraded transformers, Siemens falcon logo tubes, but not the extra XLRs.
Post removed