Leaning towards tubes, but need help long

Seeking an integrated or amp/pre-amp in the $1500-$3500 range new or used. My speakers are the old Conrad-Johnson Synthesis LM260s, which I still prefer over speakers well above their original cost such as the Krell LAT 2. Primarily listen to jazz, especially vocals, orchestral, chamber orchestra, string & brass ensembles. I’m not a hobbyist, so please forgive any misuse of terms. My primary priorities are what I’d call airiness, detail and texture (the separation of instruments, the “woody” texture and action of the fingers on strings, timbre on voices). I also like warmth, musicality or whatever you’d call it, but not at the cost of detail. I’ve never owned tubed gear, but still remember McIntosh electronics from years ago that blew me away on vocals. Was thinking in terms of the Krell KAV400xi to replace the 300i I wish I hadn’t sold, but it was too “in your face” for my taste. Other solid state units I considered were the Naim 5i (warm, but lacked detail) and the T+A PA1230 (warmth + detail, but not worth the $1000 premium over the Krell IMO). Current consideration list includes the Manley Stingray, Rogue, used Bryston power/pre, CJ CAV50 and, if its worth the stretch, a used Mark Levinson 383. Except for Bryston, I’ve not had a chance to audition any of these, so I may be making a leap of faith. Any input, especially in terms of the finickiness of tubed gear much appreciated!
mgoodwin
I too own the Cayin A88T and agree with Paul Burke on his assessment. A damn good amp for the price with musical sound,good bass, detailed and hamonically rich mids and sweet highs. Only, on certain (very few) recordings, the upper mids tend to be forward and bright sometimes. It may be due to the stock power tubes. The 6sn7s are RCAGTB.

The amp drives my Dyn 82s surprisingly well for just 22W. The sound does become congested with confused bass on bass heavy tracks such as Gladiator (this even in ultralinear mode). But this could be due to my power hungry speakers. I am sure this will not be an issue with more efficient speakers.

The only other issue on this amp is biasing. You have to open bias the amp from the inside. The process is easy but a bit risky. Internal biasing could be intimidating if you are new to tubes.

In terms of swapping tubes, it is cheap unless you go for very rare NOS tubes. A pair of current production KT88s could cost anywhere between $80-150 per quad. So this will not be a problem.
It's not about wattage when it comes to getting real sound levels. Current is what can make a 50 watt amp have the growl or bass presence to sound like your in the hall with the orchestra. Unless your pre has a loudness contour to boost bass levels at low volumes you will yearn for more bass at low volumes. When a speaker dips to 2 ohms and you don't have the CURRENT to drive the Load your fuct. If you listen to alot of vocals I highly reccomend tubes,triode is the best. My Manley 750's in triode mode manhandle my Vandy's. I had to put them in storage,I never wanted to leave the house. Look for the current level NOT THE WATTAGE and you will be on the right track
Trust your ears.
Thanks again for the input, especially about current. I'll have to read reviews in more depth & talk to manufacturers because I don't even know how it's measured, but do recall reading about it being a critical factor.
Recently purchased a Rogue Audio Cronus integrated and it is quite the sonic value. Please audition one in your quest.