Best Amp for Sonus Faber Cremona Series

Hi,

I am thinking of buying cremona series speakers...either a cremona auditor (or) floor standing Cremona. I will greatly appreciate if you can recommend me a very good Intertated Amplifier ( open for both SS integ, Tube Integ and Hybrid as well...Have preference for tube-integrated if they can drive cremona ) for driving:

1. Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor
2. Sonus Faber Cremona

I am also open for Pre-Amp/Amp combo if that is what is really needed. Can you please let me know this combo as well.

My room size is 20 x 20 x 8 and will be moving the system in the future into a romm of size 20 x 20 x 18

My musical prefernce is Vocals, Instruments, Jazz and occassional pop.

Thanks
Grakesh

PS: I apologize ahead..I did post a similar thread, by mistake, in the speakers forum. I realized that it was a mistake and re-posting it here.
grakesh
Hi,

Did anyone try pairing up Plinius 9200, YBA Passion Integre , Musical Fidelity Trivista 300 Integrated, CARY SLI-80, CJ CAV 50 with SF Cremona (or) Cremona Audiotrs ? Can you provide some feedback please ?

Thanks
Grakesh
Jeff Rowland(Concerto or up)...Im not sure for Cremonas...but with my SF Grand Piano + Ensemble cables(Dynaflux FSF,Megaflux FSF Speaker,Megaflux FSF Power - http://rayofsound.com/ensemble.html) sound is pretty amazing.
I played with Cary sli80, Plinius, YBA PASSION integrated not the simple integre, Symphonic line rg10mkIII (not good match)........but you will need a bit more juice if your room is bigger than average....I'm talking for the floorstander. I ended up with Plinius sa102+carys-lp98p.
I'd also tryied YBA1, Gryphon...etc. Fantastic match was the Sphinx project24+Cary-slp98 also. Next move for me is YBA Passion,Lamm, Cary211, Plinius Reference.....sometime in the future
Kops,

You mean you tried Cary sli80, Plinius 9200, YBA PASSION with SF Cremona Floor Standers ...but ended up with Plinius sa102+carys-lp98p. Any specific reasons why ? I know that
Plinius 9200 has 300 watts/ch at 4 okhms and should be capable of driving SF Cremonas.

Rakesh
Yes I have a 9200 with the Cremona Floorstanders and like it
very much. Like others here I would say it depends on your priorities. I've had this combo for about 6 months so everything is pretty much broke in. The sound is musical &
involving without drawing your attention to any one aspect
of the sound. While the Plinius is noted for sounding "tube
like" it's not a tube amp. I think the 9200 is good example
of how far SS has come and is quite a bargin considering it's power and sonics. However my gut feeling is that the Cremonas seductiveness has alot to do with it's beautiful tonal balance which I feel would be better suited to a high
quality tube amp. I think considering your music taste (jazz, vocal, instrumental & pop) a high quality tube integrated would be the way to go.