Auralex subdude

I ordered the Subdudes, placed them under my Tekton Pendragons (full range) and thought "oh yaaa". What I had thought was really good became soo, soooo much better. This could go on forever but really, it's only about the basics of good sound. And these basic platforms deliver.
128x128brianpack
I choose the subdude because of the right fit for my speakers. The idea was a broad flat surface to provide the stability we all want but also the isolation. (Now here comes the coupling decoupling debate). So all in all I now have a large, heavy speaker with a solid foundation creating a much punchier, well defined bass. And let's be real.....I van slide, angle and adjust the position without issue. The 22 x 18 platform also looks great.
Hey Hotmail,Many speakers are designed with the cabinet's resonance as part of the equation.This is true with other components too.They can sound worse with footers or dampening materials.BTW love my crm2's also,great speakers!
thanks jtcf. how far into the room do you place the crm-2s. my room is 16 x 18 and i have mine 3 feet into the room with the subs 1 foot from the rear wall[not in the corners].i saw bob carver discussing 24 inches but that would be behind the parallel of the television.
Hotmail,my crm2's are also 3ft. out from the wall in my 16 x 16 1\2 room.The sub is aprox. 6 in. out from the wall behind and 2 1/2 ft. from the left sidewall.I found the ideal position by placing the sub on a kitchen chair in my usual sweet spot,playing low bass tracks and crawling around the room until I found the spot where the bass sounded best.My system is two channel so no need to "tune" it for super low bass special effects.I'm no expert on acoustics but have done enough reading about it to learn that bass waves are long,up to 30+ ft.If a bass wave hits the wall at it's peak it causes an emphasis at that frequency that is audible.All you can do is find the best possible position in your particular room where your problematic bass frequency hits the wall at a null.I think if I had two subs,I would place the first one in the best spot,then continue with the chair and crawling around with the second sub while both were playing.Hope this wasn't way more info. than you wanted!