Stylus cleaner

Does anyone have a home made recipie for a safe but effective stylus cleaner?
mwentsel
Dynavector recommends a stiff haired brush like the one Mapman pictured above.
What do you mean? Are you saying dragging a greasy finger over the stylus tip is a bad idea it always Works great. (Especially after eating a good pastrami on rye with Russian!)
Consider the Magic Eraser. My original post describing its use is here. Wow! It's been over ten years.

Used successfully by hundreds if not thousands of vinylphiles, including those (like me) with LOMC's costing many thousands of dollars. Recommended by Arthur Salvatore (who plagiarized my post, lol).

Mapman, I described the risk of ME residue and one way to mitigate (use a soft, dry brush). Others dip the stylus into something like a Zerodust, which also works for the stylus (though not for the cantilever).

Any effective stylus cleaner is going to create residue and the best ones create more. That is, after all, the whole point of cleaning. The trick is getting it off the stylus and cantilever before playing a record.

P.S. I guarantee that a proper ME cleaning would remove burnished-on residue that your stiff brush can't. It may not be visible, even with a microscope, but you'll probably hear the improvement once it's gone.