Preamp selection for a high sensitivity amp ?

Dear all, I am looking for a top notch preamp to mate to my Audio note quest Single ended triodes monoblocks (300B based, 9 Watt channel)

It looks to me quite uncommon they present a input sensitivity of 0,25Volts.

I guess that this is done to get real sound pressure from a low power amp, right?
In fact with my actual preamp that has high gain I have high volume already at 9 o clock.
If I move up to 12 it became distorted in fact.
Is this a clear lead to go for low gain preamps?
Will it than be better to just mate it with audio note preamp that seems to have 18dB gain and 4.4 volt max output?
Please be so kind to give me just few names or gain value to choose the preamp at the best.
thanks
Daniel
ad010685
It is not clear why you want to change pre-amps. Does the volume control work poorly below 9 o'clock? If so, then that is a good reason to change pre-amps. But if your problem is that you want more loudness without distortion, that is a problem with your amp, not your pre-amp.
I am planning a pre upgrade. I need to mate a high sensitivity amp with the right gain pre.
This is it
Thanks
Post removed 
If you get a low-gain pre now, you might have to replace it too when you change amps in the future. It might be better to get a pre with switchable gain. Or get the best pre you can find, and just use the lower part of the rotation.