Overpriced Tube Amps

I love tube amps, Ive owned many solid state the great ones, Blah Blah Blah. Ive been watching the prices increase on these old designs now 20 year old units going for 50% of original cost rusty old xformers and all. Dont be stupid when purchsing these things. Id love to name brands but i wont. Another thing is the prices some people charge for tubes 100 each? These things cost $3.00 new. I know they can make or break that 4500.00 tube amps sound but come on.
I have a 30,000 system and have yet to spend more then 15.00 each. I dont get it.
fzappa5272e
Post removed 
That was insightful, thanks :eyeroll: But I'll stick with my bose system, tubes = distortion :o)
Those damned Toulouse Lautrec paintings, when he lived over the whore house he would give you one for a good dinner and a glass of Absinthe. Some idiots are paying over a million dollars a piece for these things. When I buy a Lautrec, I don't pay more than $50.00 which is, oh, something more than ten times times what a good meal would have cost him.
It seems as though whenever something is featured in a magazine the prices shoot up. It is absolutey ludicrous! Is this what you're referring to? I can't wait until they do one of those "retro" reviews on my loudspeakers. I'll dump them for 2x what I can get for them now!