what is the REAL deal with DK

I know there has been a lot on this manufacturer, but I just discovered them myself(today). I have never read so many positives while at the same time read so many negatives on any on amp(or any product for that matter). At the same time they are getting huge pats on the back from two different magazines? Could some owners of the Dk vs1 mk 2 offer there opinions that still own them, I maybe looking for an intergrated hybrid that has some power and this is the only one that seems to fit the bill in my price range. So...why the extreme positive and negative?!
sean34
Just what is it about this product that causes EVERY thread about it to devolve to name calling? Seriously- I'm mystified.
Yes I've heard 2 different amps. Ordinary stuff-nothing more. I don't get your excitement unless you're new at this. If that's the case, with a little more experience you'll realize there's life beyond DK.
when you say experience, do you mean posting nonstop negative comments? Or, do you mean experience as in listening to music? And where do you get this so called excitement from my comments? Look at my original post. So when you speak of experience I guess you MUST mean listening to music, I have plenty, I play three different instruments...my ear is very good.When anybody has said ANYTHING good about the amp you have promptly chimed in with something negative to say, whats your motivation? I started this thread because it seemed like a good deal on an interesting amp that had some strange feedback, still...strange feedback? I have been into audio since 1987 installing custom home audio that would sometimes get over a hundred grand back then....maybe a little experience, Charles.
I don;t think that anyone said nor implied that D K was above and beyond anything out there. However comparing it to my top of line Gryphon seperate series which ran me $40,000, I can say that my experience with it at the show for 4 solid days was very positive and feel that the product is indeed a real value for the it's cost. We threw every type of music at in including some very difficult classical. You know why classical is not played at the show's much? Becasue the equipment cant do it well, so you get mostly slam, bam, wow music. The DK handeled classical quite nicely along with the WOW music. It's performance was stellar....Blah, blah, blah. That's all there really is to say.

Regards to all,
Michael Wolff

PS: I find it very rude and offensive that some people think that all manufacturer's and members of the trade are here only for one thing...
Michaelwolff, thankyou for the response I have been looking for, what the amp does! I don't give a crap about marketing.