what is the REAL deal with DK

I know there has been a lot on this manufacturer, but I just discovered them myself(today). I have never read so many positives while at the same time read so many negatives on any on amp(or any product for that matter). At the same time they are getting huge pats on the back from two different magazines? Could some owners of the Dk vs1 mk 2 offer there opinions that still own them, I maybe looking for an intergrated hybrid that has some power and this is the only one that seems to fit the bill in my price range. So...why the extreme positive and negative?!
sean34

Showing 10 responses by charlie101

>>It is simply the best integrated amplifier on the market period<<

Funny stuff!!!
Yes I've heard 2 different amps. Ordinary stuff-nothing more. I don't get your excitement unless you're new at this. If that's the case, with a little more experience you'll realize there's life beyond DK.
First, I was responding to the outrageous statement that the DK is the "best integrated on the market period". That is so funny it needed to be addressed. The writer must not be familiar with the integrated market I suppose. Some integrateds that will embarrass that amp are:
deHavilland IOS 845
Cary 300sei
Graaf Venticinque
BAT VK-300x
VAC Phi Beta
VAC Phi Kappa 32
Jadis DA30
Jadis DA50S
Jadis DA60

Now you did not stipulate $3000 in your original post. However, if you patiently look around for a used piece from Jadis, VAC, BAT, etc. you will eventually find something much better than the DK.

Good luck.
>>I am particularly offended by your reference to the Cary 300sei<<

Gee that's a shame. The only thing you should be offended about is your defense of the DK. Say shill with me.........

BTW the deHavilland, Graaf, and Jadis WILL crush your DK. You need to sharpen your listening skills.
Probably people who feel it is more than it actually is. DK happens to be a normal, average, run of the mill audio manufacturer selling fair products at fair prices. No more and no less. No magic and no snakeoil. Good for them.
>>which I supplied along with my new handy dandy power filter, conditioner, box.<<

Good handy dandy advertising, too.
:-)
I'm not anti-advertising. I simply don't believe dealers and manufacturers should be using these forums to shill their products. Place an ad on Audiogon, use your website, do the shows, use the magazines, etc. if you want to promote. Hey it's my opinion; yours may differ, fair enough?
Tvad,
I agree but the power conditioner thing was a cheap and uncalled for shill. Your inquiry had nothing to do with that.
Don't assume that new posters don't know the cast of characters either.
Michaelwolff it's no surprise that your products are held in such low regard. I'll give you a "C" for consistency though.
>>you definitely get the specs that you paid for, and this means that you are getting an almost perfect reproduction of the input signal<<

This examplifies how little you know. There are many speakers that measure perfect 20-20K and sound like sh**. Specs and statistics are for losers and uninformed/uneducated audiophiles. Know what I mean Vern?