Biggest Baddest Audio Cables

Whether they actually sound better or not, I don't really care but I have a fetish for beautifully made, anaconda sized audio cables, especially with unusually well made connectors. Any ideas here especially where 2nd hand is a deep discount would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
cwlondon
I would love to have the money you guys are throwing away on speaker cables. But don't take my word for it, just pay a visit to the following link and included is Gordon Gow's opinion. That's McIntosh for you who are not familiar with his name.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rogerr7/wire.htm
Hugh_campbell, all the money were throwing away?

Either you have not made listening tests on a high end system or don’t own a system capable of the resolution necessary. If your goal is sound quality equal to the best available in the 1970’s, then your link has value.

However, if you have a system pushed to the limit, high quality wire (both speaker and interconnect) is just as important as the rest of the components. As with all things in life, one’s perspective is relative to where they are.

Many Audiogon members treat this hobby with passion and commitment, exploring every detail in an attempt to get closer to the live event. It took me many years to evolve my system to it’s current state and I assure you I did not get there by “throwing away” money on my purchases.

Most other passions cost more than audio. Luxury automobiles immediately come to mind, as do boats, motorcycles and high rental fees to live near an exclusive area or landmark.

On the other hand, many products at Audiogon, including wire, may be found at prices that allow trial and resale without loss.

Oh, and by the way. I ran a high end store that was the number one McIntosh dealer in Texas. So I am familiar with their products and how the company operates.
Hawaiikid:

I am in the process of upgrading cables. I use 2 sets of ICs. CD to Pre and PRe to amp. I see that you have Jaden cables. My budget is very tight and I can only go about $300 each for cables. And I don;t know what to do for speaker cable. My system is resolving enough that I need better than what I have DH labs BL-1. I was wondering if you had heard Ric's standard ICs? They are about all I can afford. I would also liek to ask if you had heard anything that comes close to them or the Signatures for less.

System FWIW is Cary 303.200 cd, dehavilland UltraVerve pre, Bel Canto Evo 2 (coming) and Thiel 1.6s.

Your comments, thoughts, and ideas are appreciated.

Keith
Bixby:

I have tried many cables before, some in the price range you have specified and others that are considerably more. In my opinion, the Jaden Standard interconnects are high quality cables and would do well in a high quality audio system. These cables are not only priced right, they are the real deal! Ric Cummins really has a firm understanding in designing and manufacturing cables.

Although Ric has introduced the Signature and Pursang cable line, the standards should not be taken lightly because they are truly very good cables.
You really ought to check out sonoran ic's at audiopoints.com. I bought them on a tip from a friend in the business who had them in his home but didn't carry them in the store he worked at. Awesome quality. They also can be found as an audiogon dealer.