Time to upgrade - need advice

I currently have a Rotel RC-1070 preamp, Rotel RB-1070 amp, Rotel RC-1055 changer. I can either upgrade the pre to RC-1090 or the amp to RB-1080. Either unit can be had for around $900. Which upgrade would give me the better bang for the buck? The second choice will be upgraded later down the road - 3 months or so.
miner42
Your speakers are fine and can handle much much higher grade electronics.

An upgrade to me is not just going to a slightly better Rotel. The next step is lower priced gear by major audiophile brands like Conrad Johnson, Blue Circle, McCormick, YBA, Bryston, or higher end Creek, etc, etc, etc.
Thanks for your responses. My budget can not afford $3000 preamps and amps - although I do wish it could. I am looking for solid state vs tubes - just my choice. I don't consider Rotel MidFi - Denon, Pioneer, Marantz, Onkyo, etc is MidFi to me.
Hi Miner42,

I started with Rotel several years ago and still use a Rotel A/V receiver in my HT system. They do make pretty good equipment for the money. However, I have to agree with what others have posted here. I don't think is it worth it to just moving up the Rotel line. If you save a bit more and look to the excellant deals you can get on the used market I know you will really get the best bang for your upgrade buck. If you want to get some tube sound into your system without going nuts on power tubes, look at blending a tube pre with a SS amp. It's not that hard to do and the sound may be just what you're looking for. A tubed pre will tame some of the brightness of the Rotel amps.

Good luck!