Manley 300B Preamplifier

Hello music lovers,
I have a pair of Manley 300B SE/PP Neo-Classic and a pair of Jm Lab Mini Utopia and looking for a very good preamp for my set-up someone can tell me about the sonic characteristics of the 300B Manley preamplifier? Is it a good choice? Is it a very good preamp? Thanks in advance!
gryfon762
Friend

Read the enjoythemusic.com review on your amp - it's very positive! I have heard quite a bit of JM Labs' expensive line of speakers and I can tell you that they do a nice job. However, tubes and horns are very tough to beat for emotion and realism. As for preamps - check out the SAS Audio S10, I think you will pleased with the reviews.

Studio1
Manley seems to have solved a lot of the inherent probs of thhe 300b with that preamp... High power, sweetness, and none of the drawbacks of using it as the output power tube.
I made a pass on this thread a year ago, but was curious if gryfon had made a decision yet.
By the way, I love mine, and with the right tubes its a keeper.
It's funny - most of the "typical" weaknesses are absent, but most of the "typical" strengths are present in the preamp. Not to mention the couple of different headphone settings.