Amp Question Please advise

Hello all I have a Denon 3805 with Paradigm 40's up front CC-350 center and cenimas in the rear
I am not happy with the sound at low levles -you have to crank it up to wake up the speakers.
Will an amp help this out ? Will I get better lows with ading an amp
Thanks ~
antman27
well the room is about 14Ft wide by 24 ft long 8ft ceillings - open into dining room so it is set up firing the shorter way .
there is carpet on the floor leather sofa & love seat -also a large bay window about 4 ft tall and 5 ft wide . What else do you need to know ?
I can get some PIX of the room if it helps
Ideally, I'd like to see some measurements but.....
Are there any other absorbing materials like drapes?
Is the carpet thick and have a pad?
What is the construction? Plaster/lath, concrete, wood....
When you clap your hands, can you hear a slap or echo?
What is voice intelligibility like? Can you hear whispers?

What I am getting at is that if the room is really lively and ringing, low level sounds will get swallowed up.

Kal
Probably getting different speakers would do a lot more for you than getting a different amp...

Surely the amp is important, but if your speakers lack bass extension and resolution at low levels then no amp is going to fix that. The room could also be part of the problem, but to know that you'd need to try a few different "known" speakers in the same location as your present speakers. Maybe you could borrow a set of speakers just to check that possibility.

I'm using Energy C-7s as mains in my HT system and I'm very happy with their resolution at all levels and they have very good bass extension and articulation.