Bob Crump passes away over holiday.

128x128tabl10s
Just a quick update. Maybe Bob will finally make it to Oregon or at least Washington. His body has been cremated per his wish and his brother will be taking the remains to the northwest when he returns home. On two other fronts, I believe that John Curl will be completing several remaining Blowtorches that have been promised to customers and that an interested party has been found that will be picking up the wire portion of Bob's business. The gentleman in question has been in the manufacturing and sales end of the business for over twenty years and was involved with Townsend Audio when it was manufacturing product in the US. Although nothing has been finalized, I believe that he will be purchasing the remaining assets and trying to reinvigorate the business, initially focusing on Bob's current designs. Hope that this happens as it would be nice to keep the TG name alive.
My TG speaker cables are as good as anything tried in my system which includes Audience AU24 and Cardas Golden Ref. Actually, they're better than the AU24s.
About 3 years ago Bob loaned me some of his speaker cables for a shoot-out with the anaconda-sized 18 K dollar Kharma Exquisite cables on a top-notch system that included big Kharmas, Manley Reference DAC and the belt drive CD player the name of which I forget right now. The results were very, very close. Bob was the best.
How many of you know what "TG" stands for, in "TG Audio"? Bob must of had a heck of a sense of humor.
This is part of a thread from AA for those of you that may not have seen it.
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/tweaks/messages/125293.html
A wonderful guy with a zest for life. When I had and ultimately sold my Blowtroch, he couln't have been more of a gentleman. He would call to just to check in and see how it was working. He was in the Chicago area in the late sixties or early seventies and on occasion we would reminisce about the Chicago folk sound from that era.

David Shapiro