Tube or SS for Vocals/Strings

I am wondering if I should pair a tube amp with my arro's if most of my listening is classical? I also like opera, baroque, romantic, etc. I am a cellist and so I listen to a lot of strings but I also like vocals. Yann Tiersen is my favorite artist/composer and so I want something that boosts all the arros' strengths and is completely musically involving. ideas?
baroque_lover
Interesting in that I was not going to join this thread until it became evident that the room size and speaker efficiency of Baroque_lover's set-up is very close to mine. I have been using a 50 watt triode push-pull amp with my 88db speakers for some time now with very good results. I have also been pretty biased to tube systems for some time and agree with those who recommmend tubes based on the type of music Baroque_lover enjoys. However, in looking for a new amp I have listened to some flea powered SETs, as well as higher powered push-pull designs. I have to say that I do not believe a SET amp is a good choice here based on the speaker efficiency rating, unless you can get one upwards of 45 watts or so, and that could be difficult and/or expensive. The higher powered push-pull designs I believe would work well and there are many choices at different price points.

As for me. I'm going to give a solid state amp a try with my Spendor 1/2e speakers and compare it to my triode. I anticipate that there will be differences in sound but since I will be keeping tubes at the preamp and phono stage levels, I may succeed in maintaining warmth while tightening up the low end and driving my speakers to take full advantage of their dynamics. Only way to find out is to listen.
Baroque_lover, just because I will give 2 cents.. Um tubes with a 4ohm load at 87 db is gonna be tuff.. I say look at Hybrid types, old counterpoint, newer Kora amps, I think LLano is a good one I have heard of.
>>Welcome back, Marco. You've been missed<<

By whom? Do not speak for anybody but yourself please. Thanks for that consideration.
Post removed 
God, you're a jagoff, Stan. The drum major of the Audiogon Jagoff
Parade.

I don't wann'a be around for that parade. Though it's amazing anyone can
play such a tiny instrument, much less a whole marching band. Be sure to
bring binoculars if you really must see what's going on. The slippery mess
they leave behind should give anyone pause from attending. My god, just
think of the floats!!!

....coming to a town near you!

Marco