Tube or SS for Vocals/Strings

I am wondering if I should pair a tube amp with my arro's if most of my listening is classical? I also like opera, baroque, romantic, etc. I am a cellist and so I listen to a lot of strings but I also like vocals. Yann Tiersen is my favorite artist/composer and so I want something that boosts all the arros' strengths and is completely musically involving. ideas?
baroque_lover
>>Welcome back, Marco. You've been missed<<

By whom? Do not speak for anybody but yourself please. Thanks for that consideration.
Post removed 
God, you're a jagoff, Stan. The drum major of the Audiogon Jagoff
Parade.

I don't wann'a be around for that parade. Though it's amazing anyone can
play such a tiny instrument, much less a whole marching band. Be sure to
bring binoculars if you really must see what's going on. The slippery mess
they leave behind should give anyone pause from attending. My god, just
think of the floats!!!

....coming to a town near you!

Marco
LOL, this thread has turned into a funny!

Anyways, I emailed Totem personally and they said for my specific needs the Unison research S2K SET integrated would be the best match under $2000. They said they use it in Totems own personal showroom in Quebec. It offers 16w SET power. Because the mechanical limits of the Arro are a lot smaller than other larger loudspeakers with similiar impedence/sensitivety it allows the Arro's to match up really well with SET amps.

Thanks for the comments so far guys!
This is the first I've heard of the S2K. Looks like an interesting design using two KT88's in unison (pardon the pun). Well, if that is true about the match-up, that'd get my thumbs-up as worthy of consideration, with the caveat that Avguygeorge added - SET designs done right will certainly do vocals and strings like no other topology, but will not be as versatile as a push-pull when it comes to the wider range of applications. It doesn't bother me at all, but then I don't listen to much rock or electronic music, or other complex/demanding programming, nor do I use the SETs for home theatre. The match-up does surprise me though. Somehow I would have never thought 16watts could drive speakers with the specs of the Arros to gratifying levels. I've tried both 10 watts of push-pull and 17 watts of pentode with both 89db monitors and 90 db floor standers (both at 8 ohms). Granted, neither speaker resembled the Arros in size/shape nor drivers. Neither of those combinations really allowed me to push the speakers very hard. At modest levels (below 85db) those combinations were very nice indeed. That begs another good question - how loud do you typically like to listen?

Marco