I am openning a shop. What equipment should I sell

Planning on opening a retail "store front" what equipment should I carry?? Should I sell at price points or sell what sounds good? How important is base response in speakers. What is the right approach??
sounds_real_audio
Well its its been 5 years since the original question and
SOUNDS REAL AUDIO is still in business.
It appears that the equipment sold and the marketing plan has worked.
If SOUNDS REAL AUDIO has made it this far,in this economy my hats off to them.
Lately I was successful selling various Monster Beats head-phones. almost reached to the 70pct of profit.
Like the plumber who's house always leaks, you'll never listen to audio for pleasure again. Why would you want to do that to yourself?
But seriously, best of luck if you do decide to do this.
Hi Sounds real audio,
I went down that path myself. In todays market this is a tough proposition. I knew Randy Patton, so I carried a couple of his products. PS, Meitner, I didn't pick up Threshold. I built my own speakers. I came from the old Marcof Electronics/SpeakerCraft, so I actually sold more of my speakers than anything else. I ended up branching into car audio, that helped, I then branched into home theater and Installations. I was working day and night, I finally got the shop up to a break even, but wasn't making any money. I took my share out of the business, signed it all over to my partner, took my name off of everything. They lasted another 18 months struggling the whole time.
You have to be in the right place, carrying a reasonable mix of products and be willing to do this as a passion rather than a big income.... The overhead alone makes this a tough proposition. I believe that it is possible, but with the mix of products available, there is always someone selling a great product on the internet with no overhead and willing to make minimal margins that you can't compete with.
I believe that this is still possible, but it would require a real business plan, knowing your area, knowing your competition and understanding what your customer base will be. Good Luck, Tim
Abucktwoeighty

You are so right. Just sell stuff you have never heard. The reviews say it is good so it must be.
Seriously I think a lot of these on line retailers must do that.

Goldeneraguy

Thank god for food stamps.......people come to listen and I go out to their car and siphon gas....

Not much money but good people and lots of fun...