Opinions on the "TACT" sonic signature?

Need to attenuate the bass in a high end system and having trouble finding opinions from anyone who's actually heard a TACT preamp. Surprisingly, neither the tact or rives forums were of help(kind of scary).The one opinion I've gotten was "fastinating sound, but too clinical or choppy for everyday listening. Robert Harley and other writers have used the "once you hear it, it's hard to go back" line, but somehow I don't think they bought one. Anyone heard one? FYI, I don't do much vinyl and would be using it with a transport and possibly an outboard D/A. THANKS!
autoll
I ownded a Tact 2.2x. It did a good job with bass correction. That was it. If I needed active bass correction Velodyne DD 10's with room correction. And at have a pure mid's and high's.

With the Tact music sounded very computerized, with out any hint of being natural acoustic music. I hate to offend others who own this piece but, put if this piece is in your system, your really missing out.

The day after I sold it I swicted to vinyl.

Apples and oranges. My tube pre and vinyl rig make this preamp sound like a Bose Lifesyle System.
Try to find a z-systems RDP-1 or RDQ-1 digital parametric EQ. Digital in/out and as nearly transparent as they come. Very flexible, too. I do not know if they are still produced but you might find a used one.

Kal
The key to using a system like the Tact is knowing how to
adjust and configure it. It's a tool - it can either hurt
or help depending on how you use it.

Dr. Gregory Greenman