Mac gear "Slow" or others "Fast"

When auditioning amps I A/B'd Mac and Classe models and noticed the Classe's were more immediate. Classe bass had more impact, but also decayed much quicker. At that time I assumed the Macs were slow and bought Cam 350's and Para S8's. Since then I've heard much of the community agrees that Mac gear is slow, however I'm now questioning that. Mac tells me others up the gain a bit to "pump-up" the sound and that they(mac)present the original track as recorded. Opinions please? I'm trying to decide on a pre-amp- MacC200 or ML320s. Great forum! Thanks
llong
Bigjoe is soooooooooo right here. I own the MC402 amp and just love it. It is the finest amp I have put into my system. So effortless and natural. Anyone who has owned this amp knows it is world class. Forget the brand, forget your bias, forget the price, forget how it looks - I forgot my point:-)

Oh, just listen to it man! I have owned Thor, JC1's,Classe,Blue Circle, Bruce Moore, Joule, CJ,Cary,Wright Sound and on and on over many years. The MC402 is the real deal even with the polarizing Mac brand name on it.

Some things are subjective and sometimes things are just plain true. The truth is this amp from Mac is a top contender. Any honest audiophile after hearing it cannot say otherwise. I am one of those who thought Mcintosh was old school and not real high end, but rather make pretend high end for those who like the looks and history of Mac. I was wrong - big time wrong.

No , it's not slow. It is wonderful sounding. Yep, sounds like music to my ears.

Bill
The newer Mac gear seems much more refined than it's older brothren. The old Mac did sound slow and fuzzy too me. The new stuff like the 1201, 602, 501 sound pretty darn good.
I'm I fevering to own one..not hardly ..as always YMMV.

I have yet to hear any two amplifiers that sound the same..I guess it's my imagination.LOL
As usual everything is system dependent.

Good luck
I'm not sure if I was just attacked or what but I own mcintosh gear and sorry if I offended anyone... But regardless mcintosh also holds its used value so that has a big thing to do with purchasing it for me, and that is the reason to the harley reference.
Sorry, looks like my post was very slow, I don't think it was directed at me, why is does it take like a day to get administration approval sometimes?
matrix, your harley analogy was spot on,ive heard gear i liked better than mac but i always think to myself what will this peice be worth in 5 years & that kills the dream.

i try hard to only buy mac gear & harleys & ive rarely lost one red cent on either of them plus both sound great!

mike.