Which Tube Preamp under $10K?

I am seeking to replace my Audio Research LS16. $10K is a hard upper limit which must include a phono stage. It matters not if it is built-in or a separate component, but It should be decent. So, in terms of a new line stage for $8500 or less, I'm currently considering The CJ CT5, one of the VACs, the VTL 6.5 and perhaps the BAT 31SE or not yet released ARC LS26. I am driving a pair of Bel Canto Evo 2 Gen II monoblocks which are driving B&W Nautilus 803s. I like the tube sound, maybe even on the sweet side for some tastes. The older CJ gear has always been a touch dark for me, but the newer stuff is said to have lightened up considerably. So, speed, dimensionality and a tubelike upper midrange are where I want to go with this purchase. All comments and suggestions welcome.
pscialli
Duke,
I, for one, can say that I do not, have not and probably never will feel this way about your posts (see stanhifi). They (your posts) are indeed some of the more informative with your position and biases always clearly stated.
IMO it woould be a real shame if you ever "thought twice" about posting as you so generously do.
This is just my opinion, as is Stanhifi's, none better than the other, but offered for your consideration.

Kurt
Thanks, Glide3 and Fiddler, for your kind words.

Stan doesn't object to my making "informative" posts, just "commercial" ones. And frankly my post on this thread was more commercial than informative.

Don't worry about my posting tapering off; I'll still be tossing out my $.02 on such arcane subjects as power compression and directivity index. I like the sound of my own keyboard clacking away too much to lay off.

Cheers,

Duke
I like my McIntosh C22 Commemerative. But my tweaked MX110 is not that far behind.
Re Duke: I see it more of a disclosure issue than an advertising one. I know I recently read about the KR 300b tube and the first thing I wanted to know is where I can buy them. If he recommends something it's because he believes it and is trying to help. He then lets you know that IF you don't have a dealer near you, you can contact him.

Disclosure: I have dealt with Duke before. He purchased my Maggie 1.6's for a client of his. He doesn't sell Maggies but he believed the 1.6's own that price point in the market and that's what he wanted for his customer. I think he's a classy guy, but of course that's just my opinion and I'm sticking to it.