opinions on Clayton amps ?

looking for opinions on the clayton amp, 40, 70 or 1000, , I will be using them with Onix Ref 3 speakers, thanks
128x128samski
I've never heard a disparaging word about Clayton Audio's amps. There was a 40 for sale on here last week. By the time I saw it there was already a sale pending, unfortunately.

Good luck finding any of the Clayton amps on the used market; they're very rarely seen.
I have a Clayton 40 amplifier and I enjoy the accurate recreation of music. I think that with your speakers you will enjoy any of Clayton Audio amplifiers
I use the amplifier with Zu Definition 1.5 speakers and the amp is terrific.
I also have Totem Mani-2 speakers. The 40 did not do so well with the less efficient speakers with music that has extreme dynamics.The 100's, that I previously owned, performed much better. I have never heard the 1000 amp, but it must sound beautiful.
I also have Reference Line amplifiers (standard and signature models) and they do well with any speaker that I have tried.
I've never heard the Clayton but am interested. For reader's info: At '07 T.H.E. Show in the ModWright inner room they had the latest greatest balanced preamp circa $4500, circa $12k Belles Power Modules huge class-a amp & $21k/pair Escalante Design monitors.

Someone in the industry w/ no known direct connection w/ Clayton, whose opinions generally matched mine on equipment w/ which we are both familiar, said the little $4k Clayton SM40 beats the big ole Belles heard in that room that day. That got my attention.

My current amp short list includes the Clayton, Ayre V-5xe & $4500 Primare A32 (A32 sounded fantastic driving $11k/pair Martin Logan; speakers current model as of early '07, audibly improved vs. earlier).
If I didn't have tube amps now and was looking to go with some great solid state amps, one of the Clayton models would be at the very top of my list:

http://iar-80.com/page6.html