Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
Yes - total hype. There is nothing better than 10-gauge Belden. Anyone who buys expensive cable is just being taken in by the hype and nobody out there can actually hear anything I can't hear. People who make expensive cables are thieves and people who buy them are just fools with money who are trying to show off. I've done A/B comparisons using a mint copy of "Lord Sutch and His Heavy Friends" played through Paradigm Studio 20 bookshelf speakers and I heard no difference between the Belden and Stealth Dream (10K) speaker cables.
'there is nothing better then 10-gauge Belden'....i'll assure you that with a very good system different cables DO make a difference.anyone who says they don't either can't hear or doesn't have a system that is resolving enough.
OK, I am going to play cyber-psychoanalyst. Tobb, in spite of the fact that you have been a member here for over ten years, you have not previously taken part in discussions about cables. So, I will give you the benefit of the doubt as far as believing that you are not simply trying to stir up controversy about this "beaten to death" subject; on the other hand, after ten years, it's unlikely that you haven't gathered enough info on the subject to, at least, know where to look for opinions. Nonetheless, I will assume that your query is an honest one.

So, in the spirit of trying to be helpful, and in case you don't recognize Chayro's (hope you don't mind, Chayro) sarcasm, look at his posting history about cables. You will not only see that his response here is, in fact, simply sarcasm, but you will find some genuinely good advise.

Now, if you care to also play analyst, you will know my stance on the subject by this response.

Good luck.
Could it be a variation of this:

Mass hysteria manifesting as collective symptoms of disease is sometimes referred to as mass psychogenic illness or epidemic hysteria. Mass hysteria typically begins when an individual becomes ill or hysterical during a period of stress.[6] After this initial individual shows symptoms, others begin to manifest similar symptoms.

Besides, peer pressure and wanting to belong to an elite group is a factor. Who wants to ADMIT he can't hear what EVERYONE else says they can hear? My system can resolve as well as yours!!! I have golden ears also!!! I am just as much an audiophile as anyone else!!! And so on and so on.

I own Belden 10awg.

Cheers