Should Sound Quality of Computer Audio be improved

Unable to respond to, "Mach2Music and Amarra: Huge Disappointment"- Thread. Other Members take free pop-shots!
Apparently some have more Freedom Of Speech than others! I
don't know how many times I have said it, I want Computer
Audio to succeed! It will only succeed if Computers are designed from the ground up to reproduce Music (Same minimum standard applied for Equipment of ALL Audio Formats)! This is common sense Audio Engineering Design. Bandaid Modifications cannot be substituted for absence in design to produce Music! Design it right to EARN the right to become a New Audio Format- same as all other Audio Formats! No Freebee's, No Cutting Corners! Lack of design is what's causing such varied results in S.Q. between
listeners of Computer Audio. I see about 50% negative
responses here on these Threads. It will continue to happen unless you fix it! Blaming me won't help! I am an
Engineer, and I can read results! 50/50 success/ failure
rate- you have an inherit Engineering Design Flaw for the
reproduction of Music via Computers! Shock! Suprise- since
they were never designed for Music! So when is someone finally going to properly design the Equipment/Computer
(From the ground up) for Computer Audio? Do we continue
to treat any real criticism as "HERESY" in the lack of
design in Computer Audio for Music? You tell me what I am
allowed to talk about, and we will both know!
pettyofficer
Loving your tenacity Pettyofficer,

All recent DACs do the sample rates you mention & will continue to do so.

If you have a really old DAC that at best will do 44.1k, then you can dither down to that, while keeping the original file safe until you get a newer DAC. Even your phone will do most of these rates!

Forget the model T. You know what I'm getting at. Don't be a dinosaur. Good DACs are cheap, very good & will do all the rates you need. Better than the highly rated old DACs of the past. It all moved forward & the chip sets got cheaper.

To answer the rest of your 050112 post you may as well read my above posts as we have already been there.

I'm am sorry you don't seem to get the gist of it. You can't say I did try to help you. You have all the choice you could wish for. Possibly too much!

Understand the beauty of the file as a format, everything reads it these days, & always will. If you want to play CDs why not just burn your own from the file. All computers will do that.

Thank you Pettyofficer old friend. It was fun. I never posted so much. Now I must say goodbye. Embrace the future.
Timlub- you haven't seen my responses for the last two weeks. You jump into the middle of the conversation, and start hurling unsubstantiated allegations.
Tpreaves- you start making general broad strokes about
someones personnal life that you know nothing about. You
have never met me, you know absolutely nothing about me.
You decide to make it up as you go along.
If this reflects the attitude of those who wish to
promote Computer Audio, your attitude speaks volumes. Is
this what Computer Audio does to everybody? Why would this
Audio Format create this type of attitude in people, as
opposed to all other Audio Formats? I use Music for
personal enjoyment, not to polish my ego- nor to rub
someone's nose in it. I enjoy having choices in multiple Audio Formats, I have more choices to make based on Sound
Quality. I do not take an elitist attitude that only one
Audio Format is the Elite compared to all others. I hear
mixed bag of Sound Quality when comparing Audio Formats,
none of them hardly elite above all others. You can call me names, or whatever- I am sticking to this! I do use
Computer Audio, on those selections that it does provide
better Sound Quality. Use it exclusively, and I lose other
better sounding options on certain selections. I am a
Consumer interested in the best quality, and I go where I
find the best quality. You wish to eliminate those places
( Music CD Stores ), or make me have to purchase over
longer distance- and pay extra for shipping. Make me wait weeks to listen to Music CD instead of just taking it home
from the Store. I know these are road blocks designed to
corral people towards Computer Audio. It is this manipulation that bothers me the most. If Computer Audio is the Answer to Life/ Universe/ and Everything- why would
you need to manipulate anyone? Your attitude speaks volumes
about your intent to manipulate. Try selling Computer Audio
instead of just pulling everyone's string, and pushing their buttons. People will resent it less, I certainly
would. You have to force everyone to listen to Computer
Audio exclusively? Why, what's wrong with it? That is what
I ask. All that I hear is what's right with it- so why
the necessity to manipulate?
PettyOfficer, there is no such thing as format competition, nor is there any such thing as a format monopoly. The "CD monopoly" didn't edge out 8 track tapes, nor did the "DVD monopoly" edge out Laserdisc. 8 track and Laserdisc were simply inferior formats that fewer and fewer people bought. The smaller the market, the more companies would need to charge to continue printing media in these formats. Eventually, bicycles with two equal-sized wheels edged out bicycles with huge rear wheels -- this was not a equal-sized-wheel bicycle monopoly, just a market shift.

Here's another analogy. In the robber baron age, Carnegie steel and a number of other competing companies merged to form U.S. Steel -- a true monopoly. They were a monopoly because, if you wanted steel, you had to buy from them. They were basically no other companies selling steel, and new companies could not start because the competition from U.S. steel was overwhelming. The steel itself was the commodity, however, and that's what was monopolized. Today, music is the commodity, not CDs (or SACDs, or DVD-Audio, or HDCD). Hundreds of companies sell you music, and they compete against each other. They sell through different websites, different services, etc.

I see that you want other options, but those options will, some day, disappear. This is not due to some conspiracy, or some conscious marketing ploy to replace CD with downloads, but because companies make less and less money on sales of physical media, and so they stop printing them. In the end, the competition is not over formats, but over music. These companies' competition comes from other companies' music, not other companies' formats.

Do you disagree?
Wow! Thread resurrected? Tbeebout of course everything you say makes perfect sense - but this thread died because we got tired of trying to reason with pettyofficer - he has his agenda and cannot be reasoned with.

However, he has bravely chosen to fight the corruption of the computer audio industry and save music from certain death so we need not fear!