Best bang for the buck upgrade path for Mac Mini

Been a few years since I was a regular contributor here and a lot has changed.

I am going to set up a Mac Mini running Amarra as a dedicate music server. Will be a 2010-2011 build with 8gb RAM and a 120SSD. I have a couple of thousand CDs ripped to AIFF and AAC which will live on an external 3Gb 7,200 connected by FW800.

Will use the Mini to feed my Oppo 105 and then use the analog outs. Planning on using a 7" USB LED touchscreen and the built in SuperDrive to manage ripping, then disconnect the display. Perhaps not perfect but I hope helpful for calibrating your response.

Seems to be two ways to go with the Mini. One is to use something like a Keces or Mojo to clean up the Mini power supply. The other is on the USB output side - either cleaning the USB output up and going in to the Oppo async, or converting it to SPDIF which the Oppo also handles like Halide or Audiophileo.

Not doubting that someone will say do them both but I can't - at least not now. Much as I admire it, this is not a CAPs build.

Based on your personal experience, where do you think I will get the most bang for the buck.

Are there alternatives that are synergistic that I should consider?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.
ckorody
I will second the Mojo Audio mod and power supply upgrade.
Absolutely the best upgrade to my system in 20 years!
Thanks, Benjamin at Mojo!!
I would simply implement the Mac Mini into your system as is for the time being. Get the basics functional and become familiar with its sound. I run my straight out. I'm not headless as it is connected to my HDTV but most times I am using my iPad with either the Apple Remote app (iTunes/Audivrana) or JRemote (JRiver for Mac) to control playback.

You have plenty of time to research and decide if you need to add anything else. Enjoy your music for now.
THnx guys - I much appreciate all your thoughts and experience. Hard to argue with Mwheelerk - start by seeing what you got and go from there.
Yes, I also agree with Mwheelerk.

As for the upgrade path, my comments come from running Windows in a laptop and later a CAPS on steroids kind of PC, so no Mac experience. But adding an Audiophilleo with PurePower as USB to SPDIF converter was a very significant improvement for me. More so than the linear power supply.

There are multiple ways in which you could "clean the USB out".