Should Sound Quality of Computer Audio be improved

Unable to respond to, "Mach2Music and Amarra: Huge Disappointment"- Thread. Other Members take free pop-shots!
Apparently some have more Freedom Of Speech than others! I
don't know how many times I have said it, I want Computer
Audio to succeed! It will only succeed if Computers are designed from the ground up to reproduce Music (Same minimum standard applied for Equipment of ALL Audio Formats)! This is common sense Audio Engineering Design. Bandaid Modifications cannot be substituted for absence in design to produce Music! Design it right to EARN the right to become a New Audio Format- same as all other Audio Formats! No Freebee's, No Cutting Corners! Lack of design is what's causing such varied results in S.Q. between
listeners of Computer Audio. I see about 50% negative
responses here on these Threads. It will continue to happen unless you fix it! Blaming me won't help! I am an
Engineer, and I can read results! 50/50 success/ failure
rate- you have an inherit Engineering Design Flaw for the
reproduction of Music via Computers! Shock! Suprise- since
they were never designed for Music! So when is someone finally going to properly design the Equipment/Computer
(From the ground up) for Computer Audio? Do we continue
to treat any real criticism as "HERESY" in the lack of
design in Computer Audio for Music? You tell me what I am
allowed to talk about, and we will both know!
pettyofficer
Wow - sounds like Armageddon is coming! The end of music! And it looks as if it is our fault for adopting this New Format!

Pettyofficer, I probably should have realized this sooner but your last few posts have convinced me you haven't a clue what you are talking about. I'm done wasting my time with you...
Hfisher3380- what exactly is it that YOU want? Oh
yeah, "Someday all New Music will only be available as
Downloads", and all of our Music needs will be handled
by Microsoft/Apple/Macintosh extreme apathy team. What you
want is to help yourself to the elimination of any
competing Audio Format. You demand that "WE" buy into
"THIS", Bandaid ASIO's- this is what you are selling?
There is nothing that anyone can design around these
Operating Systems, that is my point! Only the extreme
apathy team can design an O.S. from the ground up to
improve Computer Audio, and still provide enough processing for other functions. They just don't want to spend the money doing it. It is no big secret, they will tell you to your face. We have had years of Bandaid ASIO's
for our O.S., they are just wearing too thin. You are
making Computer Audio into a Patchwork, a jigsaw with a
couple of pieces gone. Be gracious enough to pull the plug
on this terminal patient, if you are not going to try and
improve its condition! Get serious for once if you want to take over the entire Planet with a New Audio Format. With
what, a Whiffle Bat with Bandaids/Bubble Gum/and Rubber
Bands? Sure, that will make you the toughest Bully on the
Block! Still think that Microsoft, and gang, will still be
kicking your butt! Ditto on them butt kicking your High
Rez. Computer Audio downloading. I'm going to sit back and
enjoy it! They will keep High Rez. Computer Audio twisting in the wind forever- because they can, and you allow it!
Design around that- you can't! You enjoy them kicking your
butt, you enjoy the desperation of struggling to clean up
their O.S. mess? They unravel what anyone tries to design-
pathetic, and you beg for more! You beg alone.
The more you speak on this subject Pettyofficer the more I wonder if
1 you are joking?
2 you are a lillte mad?

There is nothing to "design around". Things are always developing. It sounds like you should do a little research. I don't see how any OS is "dragging you down" unless you are using windows 98!

To quote you "They can only sabotage computer audio at every turn". What does that actually mean? Is that like a CD player sabotaging your ability to play a film on DVD?
You may be giving up on computer audio, but there are still plenty windmills left. Mount your horse and onwards!
Hi Pettyofficer,
Well, I'll bite. I don't have much pull, but among other things, I buy Computers (pc) for a living. I spend enough to get their attention (few million), but realistically have little pull. I buy Acer/Gateway, HP/Compaq, Dell and a bit of Asus. In Acer, I do know some fairly high level people. I don't know what you are thinking about instead of an operating system, but lay it out, i'll take it up the ladder... I agree with you about alot that you say... but realize these companies operate on lazer thin margins, there must be a market or you are correct, they have little interest.
So, please list in order of importance, what you would like to see for your music server, realizing that the lower points, might not be looked at, at all.
I will do the best I can and report back... It could certainly take months.