Sixto Rodriguez

I just picked up the audio CD & Blu-ray Searching for Sugar man. The amazing story of musician Sixto Rodriguez from the 70s to today. Sounds like Dylan or Donovan at times. Great Lyrics and just a heart warming story.
smokinamps
He definitely has a Donovan sound, which might be part of the reason he didn't do well. I haven't seen the movie, but like his records
Something those of us in Detroit can be proud of. What impressed me aside from his criminally neglected musical talents was his sweet nature and centered philosophical outlook on life. Don't forget a generation of inspiration to the South African apartheid opposition movement without him even knowing, and those kids of his, this man has been doing things right no matter the missed musical opportunities. Indeed, incredible, a must see on many levels.
I saw the movie. It touched me at a emotional level! What a person, a great human being! He even didn't go to Oscar to avoid distraction of getting due attention and recognition of the folks who created this amazing documentary. I call this a real character and strength to envy for. I bought the CD right after seeing the documentary. Invited few of my friends to see it - share it...
I saw him in Chicago 5 days after seeing the movie. I enjoyed both very much!!