what are the Best Direct to amps Digital Players ?

Hi, I have had two tube digital players, one solid state in 14 months,I like the sound of alot of tube players, However, It always seems that tube players have problems!, These days, alot of solid state players out perform the tube players in every way!, Tube or solid state, what is the best sounding, most reliable, all cost points!, Digital that can be used direct to amplifiers?,, Thankyou!
128x128audiolabyrinth
"07-02-13: Krell_man
Chris,

While I don't question what you said, I do have to wonder what's going on then.

The Italian company that bought them also owns Sonus Faber and Audio Research. Why would they buy Wadia and then shut it down? It seems like someone just flushing money down the toilet.

When I was at Wadia in Michigan before they moved to Minnesota, John told me that they got one of the primary designers back and were planning to delve much deeper into the DACs.

Chuck
Krell_man (System | Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

07-03-13: Chris10an
Wadia was acquired because of the brand, and not because of the products they produced.
Chris10an (Threads | Answers | This Thread)"

Your guess is as good as mine, but there are quite a few reasons why another audio company would buy Wadia. Here's a few that I can think of.

1. To get the Wadia name.

2. To have access to the network of existing Wadia dealers.

3. To get the rights to Wadia designs. If you wanted to get into making digital sources, owing Wadia's designs would probably give you a head start.

4. Eliminate Wadia as a competitor in the marketplace.

5. Wadia may have a stock pile of valuable parts. High end Teac and Pioneer stable platter transports, Dac chips, etc.

6. Possibly rebuild the Wadia name and line of products with fresh resources.

7. Maybe there was no real reason other than Wadia was just too cheap to pass up. A gamble.

8. It could have been a mistake. Maybe Wadia 3 will be just as successful as Wadia 1 and 2.

9. To keep someone else from buying it.

10. I like nice, round numbers and didn't want to leave it a 9. If I can think if a number 10, I'll edit my post.
Yes certainly, but not with products we associate with Wadia in design and function, and therefore addressed to a completely new customer segment.