Men & Women & Bass

My wife was relating to me that a friend of a friend (female)had recently "thrown-up" after going to a rock concert. I forget which one, maybe Cher, popular music anyway. I was pretty sure it was caused from that feeling in the stomach/chest area generated by bass in the 50-100hz region. In my college days I took a girl to see my friend's band who had a great PA at the time, with plenty of low-end kick. After a short while I had to take her home, because she said the drum kick bass was making her queasy.
So, I am just wondering if other people have insight to this phenomenom? I know I have not encountered any females that are into subs and woofers in general. But than again, I never run across any females that even have any interest in high-end, but I live in a small city, and don't get out much either. Why is it that men seem to love that "effect"
that T-Rex type bass seems to provide? Is it sexual, mental, neither? I have also heard that low enough bass can also be used as a type of weapon, bursting you from the inside out.
pelv
Damn, Kelly beat me to the punchline... ;^)
(For the record though, I guess I would've said something like, "Hey, I'd probably puke too if I found myself at a Cher concert - wouldn't you?" Obviously, the woman just possesses some latent good taste.)

Still, I think Cfb's on to something else here: It's not the bass, it's not the volume, it's not a male or female thing - it's the mind-twistingly scary plastic surgery! Get within too close a range of Cher at just the wrong instant in her living-on-borrowed-time existence, and something other than your own throw-up might splatter your shoes when that job finally lets go...

(But you know, I cannot tell a lie, Cher will still always be cool to me. Just toss your hair, lick your lip, pull up your fur vest, throw on your old copy of "I Got You Babe", and remember a more innocent time. She was tough, she was babelicious, she wore striped jeans with fringed suede boots, gazed up with Cleopatra eyes from under those perfectly straight long black locks - and she had Sonny Bono writing the tunes and producing at his Phil Spector meets Jack Nitzsche best. Try to forget that he became a Republican and she became a vocoder-abusing, sequin-hoarding geriatric mannequin. Just don't lose yourself in the reverie and ski into a tree...)
Anyway, just to get back on point; I've had similar experiences with women and bass. I actually think it comes down to the lasting effects of our primative past. Bass sounds in nature are usually signs of danger ( earthquake, thunder, stampede) or food (stampede) At a corer level these sounds actually generate a little fear. I think that is why some of us have a love of bass. Since fear is really at the root of all emotion.
My wife loves bass, we use two Velodyne HGS-18's. Larry Archibald former owner of Stereophile said low bass (30hz) often made him sick. There have been white papers written on the subject.
Curt
Zaikesman- In regards to your comment about CFB statement- "if I could turn back time" :)