does import cds sound better

when shopping for cds I see a huge increase in price on import labels..never purchased or heard one..though I hear and like improvement in sacd and hdcd formats...are they wort the price?
slick2
The SHM discs ARE superior to SACD, vastly superior? I guess it depends on how you view it but it is certainly not difficult to hear the improvement, more relaxed, greater separation, better soundstage and overall it sounds more natural. They are quite expensive and if there is a disc that you love using this technology it may or may not be worth it to you. Figure 45.00 and up.
shm imported disc is $84 3X the price of a dire straits cd remastered..how much can you can you improve on an original recording,.I find remastered sacd recordings are not worth it
You might want to listen, if you get the opportunity to hear first hand yourself. The SMH ARE clearly better, hands down, very obvious, but the real question is whether or not ONE is willing to pay the price.
I have many, many SHM CDs and have never paid anywhere near $84 for one. Just ordered a Platinum SHM CD (Aja) just to check it out and that was even less than $45.