Upgrade from Rega P3-24 .....

Please take a look at my current updated system's analog front end. I am perhaps considering an upgrade, thinking about the Rega RP6 and the VPI Traveler, with a nicely matching high output MC or MM cartridge. My total budget is around $2000. Would either of these tables be a considerable enough upgrade over my current system to justify a new purchase ? Or would I need to spend more $$$ to really hear an improved sound ? Other thoughts ? I love the way my system sounds now, but may be experiencing a bout of "upgrade fever." I've already taken some aspirin, but the fever won't go away.
adam18
Actually - before you do anything, I would try a Herbies mat. On my old music hall, it made a dramatic difference. The sound was much richer and fuller and it made the tt sound much more expensive. On my Linn, it was a bust. But Herbie offers money-back, so you're protected except for a few bucks shipping. You might not believe a mat can make that much difference, but it does. The problem is, you never know if it's going to be better or worse.
Thanks Chayro .....I already have the Herbie's mat, and, yes, it does make a huge difference. I like the sound of music better than I did with the Rega felt.
Any thoughts about upgrading to the White Belt? Is it worth while and who is a good source?
The white belt upgrade certainly sounds intriguing. There are many posts on vinyl engine.com about it ... some say there's a tremendous improvement, while others don't hear any significant difference. But for sixty bucks, it's not too much of a gamble.Since my table is four years old, I should probably consider replacing the belt anyway, and the price difference between black and white belts is not too significant. Worth a try ??? Maybe ???

Anyway, Music Direct has it ....
REGA - DRIVE BELT UPGRADE
Price: $59.00
As a follow-up to my post immediately above, here's a link to an article that puts
the "white belt upgrade" into a pretty cool perspective.

http://thevinylanachronist.blogspot.com/2011/08/famous-white-belt-from-
rega.html