Upgrade question. Rega RP3 or RP6.

Hello,

I am ready to upgrade my set up.
I am debating between a Rega RP3 and RP6 with the stock Rega cartridges. I listen to a variety of music with a large portion of my collection being punk rock. The one thing my current set up is lacking on is bass.

*Will I hear a huge difference in sound quality with one of theses over my current turntable?

*What is your opinion on RP3 with upgrades VS stock RP6?

*Will I notice a huge difference between a stock RP3 & RP6 on my current 2 channel receiver/speaker set up?

*Will a pre-amp sound better over the phono input on my receiver?

*Can anyone recommend a shop in the Los Angles area that demos Rega?

Thank you for any input you can provide on my questions.
gregdreg
.....And thanks for pointing out that the sub-platter on the RP6 is not actually all aluminium I was fooled.
If you are thinking of upgrading speakers, first decide on a budget. Then you'll get a lot of advice from fellow members.

Plus, speakers should be auditioned before purchasing. See if there is a Best Buy with a "Magnolia" room near you or a local HiFi shop.
If you're going to visit Acoustic Image, call/email first. It's out of his home so not suitable for drop-ins.

Also I should note my friend who bought the RP3 listens almost exclusively to punk, metal (primarily death metal), and some shoegaze. he loves the RP3 and plays it through Wharfedales.

best of luck!
I think these are stickers you can remove, ask the seller. You will be hard pressed to find a better TT/Toneram/PSU/Cart combo at this price. Who knows, you may even get the price down to around $1,000.00 flat including s/h. Not to mention the fact that its an extremely limited edition of only 300 units allocated to the USA.

I agree with Lowrider57, decide on a budget and then audition before purchasing. I have never audutioned the Pioneers so I cannot comment.

A few speakers that come to mind in the $200.00 range:
Infinity Primus P363
Sony Core
Cambridge Audio S70

Look for Polk Audio, Klipsch, Aperion, Paradigm if your budget is a little higher.

All in all, audition before you buy!
I have a used Rega RP-6 in red, no cartridge , going up for sale shortly. It is in like new condition. Selling do to upgrade.