Turntable Upgrade: What Sonic areas will improve?

Ok I would consider myself an audiophile beginner. I really want to upgrade my turntable. Currently using a used project 2 table with a grado black cart (70 dollar cart).

I am looking for a bigger soundstage, better layering and texture. I prefer musical presentations on the slightly warm side to etched high resolution presentations.

Thinking used rega or VPI or a new rega p3/VPI traveler. Have no idea what cart to get. Will this upgrade make the improvements I am looking for and what carts should I be looking at (300 range) Thanks in advanced.

Associated equipment
Exposure 17 preamp/phono
Exposure 18 mono amps
Exposure speaker cable
Speakers System Audio Mantra 10
Source project 2 grado cart
darkstar1
"I also may pay someone to install the cart."

Whatever upgrades you decide to go with, you need to set the TT up yourself. Its not that hard, and its just not the type of thing you would want someone else to do for you. Once you do it, you'll see what I'm talking about.
Another option is SOTA. They make nice tables with arm included (REGA). Check out the Moonbeam or Comet.
Thanks for the advice. I always wanted to learn how to set up a TT. I have watched Traveler setup videos on you tube. I guess I should jump in and do it myself.

I just need the right VPI table to come up. I Really want to spend 1300 on cart and table.
Before I forget, check this link out. http://brooksberdanltd.com/turntable-setup-by-richard-hardesty

I just found it for someone else yesterday. Its a really good overview on TT setup. The format is an interview with one of the best TT setup individuals in high end. Some very valuable info.
Thanks for the link

The owner of the HW-19 Jr. Will ship if I pay for shipping and professional packaging. Plus he wants me to take full responsibility for damaging shipping.

I am thinking the shipping was already going to be at my expense for me. I would have piece of mind knowing it was shipped well. As far as responsibility Insurance could take care of that especially if ups packed themselves.

The only reason I am considering it because it has a new 350 cart on it and it's the table I had my eye on. Well below budget but I don't know anything about the arm. I figure when all done about $800 dollar deal.

Any opinions on if this would end up being a good deal?