VPI SDS exact speed in .... 40 minutes?

Hi,
I bought a VPI TT with double motor/flywheel. Normaly use to take about 30 -40 minutes to get the exact speed. after 10 minutoe is very close but to be exactly at 33.333 needs that time. Do you consider this is normal?
jorsan
Your actual SDS setting is not that relevant it is what ever it is to run at the correct speed, that the setting is not exactly 60Hz is caused by the product the small deviations in all the mechanical interfaces from the motor to the platter. My SDS on one of my tables here in the showroom is set at 59.29.

What belts are you using from the motors to the flywheel ? maybe that is where the culprit is, I use these AS568A-155 Buna N 70 Only use one o ring per motor to the flywheel, then use 4 of the long ones from the flywheel to the platter if that is possible for you. The long ones are not readily available - we make them here from the same type material but thinner and available in 100M spools. If you need some let me know what length and I can make them for you.

Best of luck

Peter
Agree with pbnaudio - the actual frequency reading on the SDS is irrelevant; it's easy to prove that with different mass centerweights: lighter ones will need lower freq settings, while heavier ones will require higher. The good news is that you can get extremely accurate speeds with the SDS.
Thanks Ack. After emails exchanged with Peter, one of the couses would be the thickness of the small belts that goes from the motor to the flywheel so I bought new ones. As soon as I receive them will post the results. thanks to all for your input.