Skeptics believe:cartridge makes a HUGE difference

I was hesitant to upgrade my tonearm and cartridge. I thought, my system (verity parsifol, MC275, and c2300 with sota tt) already sounded great. Could a new tonearm and cartridge really make a difference? Yesterday, I upgraded to a Graham 2.2 with Transfiguration Orpheous L cart. WOW! What a difference. The records I have heard 100 times are new (and better) all over again. I love this equipment that allows fans of music to unpack more of the music's beauty.
elegal
Your point is very clear and a good one. Personally, I feel that a lot of the mystery that lies in between what we can currently measure and what we can only hear, should be dealt with using well conducted listening tests. I get a lot resistance with that one, though.
"Zd542 - don't worry, I don't get it either."

Well, no surprise there with Mr. Machina Dynamica, I must say.

"Your point is very clear and a good one. Personally, I feel that a lot of the mystery that lies in between what we can currently measure and what we can only hear, should be dealt with using well conducted listening tests. I get a lot resistance with that one, though. "

That's really the only practical way, though as is often pointed out, one must be careful about drawing cause and effect conclusions whenever something different is heard.

FOr example, I recently replaced some damaged standard issue power cords with other more costly ones from Pangea. I am pretty certain I heard differences immediately after each switch in terms of lower distortion levels, but they are subtle and I have to say that sometimes I am not certain, in that things sounded pretty good in this regard to start with. But they seemed to work well as designed and are well made products, so I have little reason to look back. I would probably do the same thing again for the same reasons if I had to.
"07-11-14: Geoffkait
Zd542 - don't worry, I don't get it either."

Just to be clear, I wasn't finding fault. My comment was meant to be a literal one. I just didn't fully understand Mapman's comment the way he worded it. Nothing more than that.
Congrats Elegal! Transfiguration cartridge and Verity speakers should make beautiful music together!! Enjoy the music!