Beginner Turntable

Hi,
I just become interested in turntable and totally confused about what I need to buy.

1.what is the price range for a beginner level turntable?

2.Do I need to buy a cartridge or it was included in turntable?

3.New or Used

4.Right now, I'm using the Denon RCD-M39s mini system. Could I combine this with the turntable? And what else do I need to buy ?

5.Any suggestion about brand and model ? It seems like japanese brand like denon and pioneer have some good chose.
meag
If your playing classical, a Grado cartridge is a safe choice for a cartridge and they make a number of budget cartridges for those who are just getting started.
I have a Grado mono cartridge as my records are classical mono platters from about 1954 to 1960. I collect Arkiv Produktion, RCA Red Seal, Westminster, London/Decca etc.. and the tone is very rich and even throughout the frequencies/registers.
My records offer a listening experience different from my digital player!
I believe the main thing is to enjoy and have fun.
Hi,a sota will do just nicely.and it takes you straight into the high end.They can be required for 500,and sound awesome
Yes, grado carts match well with classical music.

Yes, Project Carbon will sound "better" than all others described with phono preamp built in.

That said, the difference in your mini system won't be audible or may be subtle at best. Don't overspend if you are going to keep your mini system.

Are you an analitical listener or just like to enjoy the music?

This is a dangerous hobby if you buy into all the hype of "better" sound reproduction. You may end up spending lots of money trying to get the "right" equipment. Believe me, I learned this the hard way a long time ago.

A few years back my entire gig was in the $25,000.00

Today its down to about $8,000.00 and, TO MY EARS, sounds MUCH better than before.

Do yourself a favor and read "The Entry Level #5 Page 3" from Stereophile.com

There is nothing better that listening to your favorite music on vinyl. I make it a habit to sit down EVERY day to play at leat one lp.

Happy listening!
Thank you for your advice!

Goofyfoot:
About grado cartridge, do you have any model to recommend to me?

Kiko65:
What do you mean by the Pro-ject may not " audible" with the mini system? Because I saw the phono preamp have RCA and usb output, which could connect with the system.
And you think the MH usb 1 with grado cartridge would be my best choice?

Thank you.