Upgrade Tonearm for VPI Aries 3

I have an Aries 3 turntable with JMW 10.5i tonearm.
I bought it new 7-8 years back.

I would like to upgrade the tonearm any suggestions ?
I use a Dynavector XX-2 Cartridge and I'll spend up to $3500 new or used.

I like the sound with the 10.5i but will upgrading the tonearm improve the sound ?

As time goes on I listen to more vinyl , almost every night.
Would it be better to purchase a used turntable with tonearm for $6000 ?

Thanks any input appreciated.
abill
Abill....I've had many arms including the 10.5...know it well. You will hear an improvement with the 3D arm which is well suited for your table. I strongly
suggest you improve the feet of your table with Bearpaws...it will make an audible difference you will like.
Thank You Stringreen, I'll try them.

Did you notice you had to continually make adjustments with the 10.5i arm ?
I have and old HW19 MK4 with the original JMW Memorial 10 arm and DV XX2 MK2. And was unimpressed. The same thoughts as yours went through my mind. I used the Mint LP tractor, digital scale, loading, VTA, phono pre - you name it. In the end I tried a Nordost Frey2 tonearm cable and found some hidden magic in the rig. So I went to Frey2 for the line to main amp and then phono pre to line pre. Each step brought all aspects of the sound up to a new level and now I wouldn't dream of changing it. If my old rig can go to freaking awesome from disappointingly frustrating I'm sure yours can too. I mean, the magic's in there. Finding it is the thing. Just a note here - I have the old Frey to compare to and it's not in the same league as the 2 version, not even close.

Bill
Abill..If you do decide on a VPI arm, I strongly recommend the Discovery over the Nordost wires .....
Abill,
What is your current phono stage? Perhaps the money would be best spent in the phono stage and skip the new arm.

I went from a Zesto Audio Andros to a Simaudio Evolution 610 lp and the difference was staggering. Also, I added a silver cable as well