Thales Simplicity tonearm review in Stereophile.

Michael Fremer's review of the Thales Simplicity tonearm in this January's Stereophile is pretty brutal. Are there any owners of this tonearm that would take except to his conclusions?
sarcher30
Thanks, Hiho. I take your points. Have not listened to the many tracks yet.
After more investigating on the hifistatement.net website, it looks like they are using a Brinkmann LaGrange TT for their tests.
Sarcher30: "After more investigating on the hifistatement.net website, it looks like they are using a Brinkmann LaGrange TT for their tests."
Thanks for the research! It makes sense since the LaGrange allows two tonearms and the armpods are swappable which makes evaluating tonearms and cartridges a lot easier. Being a non-suspended table helps too. Just imagine evaluating all of that on a Linn....

I remember years ago, the British magazine Hi-Fi World did a turntable shootout of 6 or 7 brands including some vintage units using the Hadcock tonearm throughout since the armwand is detachable from the base (much like the VPI JMW models) so all the tables are mounted with identical Hadcock bases and then each set up mates with the same arm and cartridge through out, thus eliminating variables. Of course each signal path goes through the same phono stage, line stage, etc.. It's the closest thing to an objective evaluation. Still not perfect, of couse, as some turntables might not have the same "synergy" with the Hadcock. But I give them props for at least trying.

_______
Lewm, you seem mostly concerned with bashing the Simplicity. Not sure what that's about. . .just sayin'.
the turntable is not listed
I guess they use a Brinkmann LaGrange with tubed power unit.