VPI Direct Drive Turntable

I received a copy of the new Music Direct catalog today and saw the new VPI Classic Direct Drive turntable listed at $30,000. It looks virtually indistinguishable from the Classic 3 with the new 3-D tonearm save for three speed buttons in place of the pulley and the rubber belt. The description on the MD website is rather scant, and certainly does not give enough information to explain what makes this turntable $25K more expensive than the belt drive Classic line. The VPI website makes no mention of the new flagship product at all.

Does anyone have any information on this new megabuck VPI table?
actusreus
Even VPI says that their direct drive is only a bit better than their Classic 3. They make the DD for those that need that extra bit.
What's the objection, VPI going beyond the means of their customer base? Surely there are much more expensive tables. Look at Basis and Clearaudio TOTL, $170K. What about Teres and TTW? Seems to me this VPI will go head to head against the CA Master Innovation Wood w/Universal arm - $30K.

The Brinkman mentioned by Agiaccio looks like a great table, but who can compare them? The VPI will survive or not on its merits. I don't think HW needs to sell lots of them. He's selling Travelers hand over fist and quite a few Classics are already out there. Offering super high end tables is good even if you can't afford it. The technology filters down (to some extent) to less expensive tables.
Regards,
For me, there would be two DD competitors with the VPI DD, Steve Dobbins' The Beat Kodo (similar price) and a refurbished SP10 Mk3 (for much less money but much much more rare to find). The dark horse would be the Brinkmann.
Lew, I was thinking in terms of market share. I believe the CA is magnetic drive, but I don't know much about it.

On another note, I've been talking with Dlaloum about loading the 980/7500. Best results are probably somewhere between 1 to 10K. Judging from his graphs I'd say 2 to 5K.
I remember you mentioned it on the other thread.
https://sites.google.com/site/zevaudio/turt/cartridge-comparison-list/pickering-xlz-7500-s

Regards,