VPI Direct Drive Turntable

I received a copy of the new Music Direct catalog today and saw the new VPI Classic Direct Drive turntable listed at $30,000. It looks virtually indistinguishable from the Classic 3 with the new 3-D tonearm save for three speed buttons in place of the pulley and the rubber belt. The description on the MD website is rather scant, and certainly does not give enough information to explain what makes this turntable $25K more expensive than the belt drive Classic line. The VPI website makes no mention of the new flagship product at all.

Does anyone have any information on this new megabuck VPI table?
actusreus
Folks, as a fellow VPI customer, I think you're being hard on HW. I read that a submarine motor is being used because the Classic DD can spin discs under water. Now ... if I can waterproof the rest of my rig, I can move the whole shebang into a hot tub and listen to music under water. Just saying ....

Kinda reminds me of an old Three Stooges short where the Stooges were trying to invent a fountain pen that would write under whipped cream.

So ... today the magic fountain pen, tomorrow the underwater stereo.

:)
Dear Suteetat: I think I did not explain very well ( as often happen with me. ).

What I mean is that against all those " heavy " price today DD designs that are over 25K whom could " move " his face for a 5K one?, I mean you, me or whatever.

Yes, we can be interested for such kind of unit to that nice price ( 5K ) but some of us could think that can't compete with those $$$pricey units.

I took your moniker and I can see was my mistake. Don't worry I don't did it to disturb you. I only wanted to put an example of the importance of price on marketing in the audiophile market niche where several persons spended big money on $$$$ items to show that they " cares " about MUSIC and for their friends look at those $$$$$ items. Please, I'm not saying that you are one of those persons.

Suteetat, I'm not against you but in favor as I'm with almos any MUSIC lover and audiophile.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Guess I went over the top. It was more for the thrill of it than to put down Dreadhead. Sorry, Dreadhead. But thanks for the chance to exorcise some undifferentiated anger.
Dear Raul, don't worry, things are rather worrisome over here currently and lots of emotion and anger flying around! So I am not the most civil person right now.
Anyhow, VPI DD should be available here sometimes next month and I definitely am looking forward to hear it. Want to hear about this $4000 motor. I guess if parts cost 5-6000, technically $30,000 would be a relatively standard MSRP pricing.