I don't like the sound of my system. Help please.

Thanks to all in advance for all the help.

ARC SP-14, ARC 150.2, Naim CD 3.5, also a Conrad Johnson PV-10, Vandersteen 2c Sig Mk II, REL Strata III

The sound is thin and voices sound strained. No depth or warmth.

I like to spend about $1200 give or take on any new components.

Suggestions?
mendota9811
IMO the ARC 150.2 is the problem. ARC digital (switching) amps all suck, and sound like you describe! They do not have a good following.

ARC is best known for FET/tube, and pure tube preamps and power amps. Everything else they make can not compete with alternative brands and should be avoided!

Everything else you own is very good for the money, and I have heard them all over the years.
I heard a current generation ARC switching amp recently at Lyric in NYC. Brief audition but sounded promising.
Shakey,
What do you not like about the Vandersteens? What would you get for the same price? You'll be glad to know that I know longer have my 1c's. They are sold and I am currently speakerless and on the hunt.
Thank you all for the excellent replies. I replaced the Vands with an old pair of Vandy1c's and the sound improved. Highs not crisp or thin, midrange solid but not the depth I' m looking for.

The room is 20 feet square with a vaulted ceiling 15 feet high. The electronics are housed in wood cabinets along one wall. The speakers must sit in front of the cabinets. A wall at right angles to the cabinets is all glass windows and opposing this wall is a large opening to the dining room.

My ARC experiences have not been good with several tube amps but I do like their sound . This is why I bought the 150.2 and it has been reliable.

Ii want a rich , clear , sound in a large room with poor speaker placement and no room treatment. Also I hate playing with different cables.

Thank you.
The less expensive vandersteens are pleasant to listen to, but not very resolving and rolled off on top. That's ok if it's the sound that you like.

Here are a few that are on Agon right now under 1500.00

Devore Gibbon 8
Northcreek Rhythm Signatures
Totem Hawk
GMA Callisto
Revel F32

I would take any of these over any Vandersteen up to and including the 3A.

Shakey