Turntables and power conditioners?

I've always used my turntables without power conditioners.
I have two 20 amp dedicated AC wall units I'm using.
Any comments on this please.
alan2
Dougdeacon nailed it.

I use an AC re-generator dedicated solely to my turntables, which do not have separate controllers, to isolate them from the mains and feed them a constant 115v. I found this approach to sound better than plugging them into a high-end power conditioner or directly into the wall.
I use a lenco and hence an AC motor. I have found the only factor impacting sound is the frequency of the power supply.-being a heavy platter idler design impact due to power quality is not much and something i could not really discern
I use a regenerator primarily to keep the frequency stable and that really helps
To Wrm57
Can you give more details about the amelioration of the sound when using a re-generator instead of directly plugging to the wall .
I have a lenco too.
Thanks.
Hi Gilles130,

I use a Monarchy AC-regenerator, which was very highly recommended by Jean Nantais, who rebuilt my Lenco to what he calls Reference Mk II status. At least with this turntable, the re-generator results in better focus of instruments, crisper transients, and improved perception of micro-detail. It's a subtle difference but clearly audible.

Monarchy is a small company in San Francisco that's been making amps for quite a while. Their re-generator is well- made and inexpensive (around $6-700 as I recall, sold direct). Though it only outputs 100 watts and accommodates just two plugs, it's perfect for powering one or two turntables. You can vary voltage output in 1-volt steps from 110 to 120, and select 50hz or 60hz.

Jean outputs to his Lenco at 110v because, he says, that's the spec for Lenco motors. I use 115v because I have a Brinkmann Oasis plugged into it, too, which wants to see 115v.

On the OP question of whether or not isolate turntables from the power mains, I'll add that Brinkmann sells a tubed power supply that's supposed to improve sound in large part by isolating the TT motor from the vagaries of AC mains, according to their whitepaper on the subject. The price for that item is around $4,300. The Monarchy does something similar for a small fraction of the cost, and you can use it with more than one turntable.

Best,
Bill