If you had a Benz cartridge would you let someone

Else retip it. From my understanding with the distributor Benz is about 12 to 18 months behind on retipping. Would you let someone in the United States retip it for you. The dealer and the distributor both say it won't sound the same If Benz doesn't retip it. But who wants to wait all that time for a retip. Who in the states has retipped you're Benz cartridge that you have been happy with?
taters
Jrsbat2, can you provide more info on this? What Benz did you have and what SS did you get? How would you compare the sound of what you're getting now to the Benz?
I traded a Benz Wood SM for a Sussurro Paua. I might have gotten more for the Benz through an outright sale but the trade in, given how Benz has left the US market, was not too bad. The Paua is much more dynamic to my ears. It does not have as deep of midrange but that is OK. The Benz was sometimes too rich and not enough detail. I am hearing a heck of a lot more background instruments and background singers than before. Sometimes I have turned off the volume thinking my wife was calling me from upstairs - I heard a distinct female voice. Turns out it was a background singer I never knew existed. Peter gave great customer service. He followed up several times to make sure I was happy with the cartridge. I can get a full rebuild for a lot less than some other cartridges' factory retips. I am very happy with the trade.
Wow, I've heard good things about the Paua. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I sent my old L2 off the SS because it just couldn't track anymore. Went for the Evaluation; after I hear the verdict I may consider going beyond a repair. The Paua is too rich for my blood, unfortunately, but if he's got something in a lower price bracket with mid compliance and less than 1mv output it might be worth considering.
Just got my Benz Ruby 3H back from Soundsmith. Under 6 week turnaround. Excellent communication.
Tubegroover ...., with any luck, Judy has left the building. Mercifully, I don't recall seeing any of her "insight-less" posts in quite a few weeks.