Considering Bryston BDA-1 for non-USB use

I currently own a PS Digital Link III and am considering the purchase of the BDA-1. I do not use the USB input as I believe in USB/SPDIF conversion as separate device. I need an additional SPDIF input for transport. Dac feeds signal to Jolida fusion then to BEL 100 MKV to Esoteric MG10s. Thanks in advance for any input.
Mike
mesch
Thanks Leo. I made a decision to buy one on AG. I currently use a hiface USB/SPDIF converter. I intend on upgrading from this one to another. I believe the USB connection represents the weakest link on many DACS.
I have a BDA-1 and love it, however I have never used its USB inputs. Only digital coax (and optical for my less critical and remotely located DTV cable box).

I particularly like the Class A analog circuitry (the reason I bought it) and have used it to improve the output sound quality of an CA 840 CD deck as well as duty for the output of a PS Audio PWT. I am now using with a BDP-1.
Dhl, thanks for the response. I purchased a BDA-1 and very much like it. I also appreciate equipment designed with a competent power supply and analog output stage (within budget) hence my interest in the BDA-1. Though the BDA-2 has a different DAC chip, and the usb interface has been significantly improved I the cost differential would not be compensated. I prefer to use my own USB input device for computer based server. Still looking to upgrade from the HiFace.