Stereo Times Review of the Apogee Acoustics Diva

Hi folks, I found this excellent review of the Apogee Diva by Christiaan Punter for Stereotimes. Christian compares new and refurbed Duettas & also provides pics of the crossovers as well as setup advice. Highly recommended if you're an Apogee fan!
melbguy1
Good to know others can still enjoy them. One of my all time favorites and longest running speakers. With the right electronics it put many other big names to shame.
I agree Dkarmeli, they are amazing speakers. I would love to own a refurbished pair of TSW Apogee Diva Ultimates one day if I buy a new home & set up a dedicated listening room. The Diva Ultimates require careful setup & a treated listening room to achieve their full potential, plus of course lots of clean power. In my current room, my sealed box Magico S5's work better.
I have refurbished Duetta Sig's that I bought from a buddy who bought the Diva Ultimates. Mine have original ribbons but totally updated crossovers. They sing beautifully.

My buddy had issues with his Diva's - they just didn't mesh with his room. You need sufficient space for these babies. He is trading them in and going back to the Duetta Ultimates.

Yes, extremely precise setup is the key to all Apogees. I actually bought a laser measuring device to get them to within 1/4".
Yeah i've read the TSW Duetta Signature Ultimates are more room friendly & give the Diva Ultimates a good run for their money (especially in the bass). Congrats on your Sigs Ptm!
Can anyone who has experience with Apogee's and Infinity IRS speakers describe how refurbed Diva's stand up against the Infinity IRS-Gamma, Beta and/or IRS-V? Cheers.