REL Gibralter G2 a good choice?

Hi all,

I've been planning to add a subwoofer to my system (see below) for quite some time now. I would like to augment my monitors and am looking for "musical" bass rather than the Home theater version.

The REL line of subwoofers seem like a good bet, primarily as they have Speaker level connections. This would mean the monitors would run full range and the REL picks up from around 45 Hz or so. I realize this doesn't lighten the load on my amp but has the benefit of not adding extra equipment to my system. I was also looking at JL audio but my understanding is they work best with an external crossover with High pass/Low pass filter set up and I'm not sure the added cost and work is worth it.

The top contender at this time is the REL Gibralter G2.

I would love to hear your thoughts/comments.

Thanks for reading!

Arjun

My system:
Vinly source: Rega RP6/Linn Adikt cart > Lejonklou Kinki 3 phono
Digital: Macbook Pro > Centrance DACMini CX

Amp: Simaudio 250i (50 W per channel)

Devore Fidelity Gibbon 3XL (45 Hz - 40 KHz, 90dB/W/M, 8ohm)
arjundas
REL is a great choice. Easy to integrate, the G2 has a remote. Depending on your room size you may want to explore a 2nd G2 down the road.
Best
Pradeep
There are plenty of other choices that offer better performance and integration for less money. Two smaller subs would be better than one big one.
I have a pair of G2's along with my Magnepan 20.7's. The room is 16x24x9. About half way down it opens gradually to about 19' wide and there's only a half wall at the 24' line so it is kinda open to another room. Wonderful match and not so hard to integrate as one might think.