Price Increases

As of late (within last 12 months), I've noticed substantial
price increases by some well known names (Speaker) in the industry on their entire product lines. With no updates to design I cannot understand why the price hikes. I'm not saying the increases are not necessary from a business standpoint or whatever reason, but it discourages me cause it puts many of these products out reach for so many hobbyist including myself. It does make the used market so attractive. Just venting.
demar
A) Something's worth whatever the buyer pays for it.

B) Always factor in the number of live performances you could see and subsequent memories you would make for what you'd spend on Amy component.
A) Something's worth whatever the buyer pays for it.
Yep! Unless you have manipulation or price fixing by governments.

Apparently not enough demand for LSA integrated amps so selling direct and slashing price?

VAC is jacking up prices without changes probably due to higher demand? Demand supports higher prices?
Down with high prices! I am boycotting all gear that is too expensive for my budget! ;^}
And as I mentioned, so does the impact of f/x to the extent that components are imported and the US dollar weakens as compared to the export country's currency. The f/x rates between the US dollar and the Canadian dollar is just one example.

Also ... I recall reading that production costs in traditionally low cost countries such as China are going up, particularly labor. That is a very good trend if it reflects a real increase in the standard of living in the other countries. Call me provincial, but I happen to believe in the dignity of hard work and a fair return on labor.

I also recall reading somewhere that because production costs in China have increased, Paradigm "re-sourced" back to Canada cabinet manufacture. Previously, that process was outsourced to China.

Happy Holidays,

Bruce
Yeah - i was wondering why the LSA's were being sold so cheaply. They're quite good, so getting one now is a bargain.