New on audiogon

Just puchased,
Wadia player and Einstien light power amp
Which will work best according to wadias manual without a preamp
Now i need speakers and speaker cables that might be a great match up
So I can start listening
My musical tastes include , classical and acidfolk primarily.
Hey tastes change!
Any suggestion, thoughts and input greatly appreciated.
I also was wondering if buying 15 year old speakers is wise or not,
Would they still be good for another 15 years
Will there resale value continue to decline ?
acidfolk
Welcome Acidfolk. That’s very nice equipment you bought. That being said, if you had come to us sooner, I‘m pretty sure that you would have been strongly advised to make speakers your first priority; not the amp and source. However, moving forward and trying to recall the impression your amp made on me, I would put Daedalus speakers on my short list.
Very nice gear! The Einstein stuff is very very good! One of these days I am going get one. As for speakers, tough to say since its a personal decision but for me I would get something that is very neutral, dynamic, and airy to let the magic of the Einsten shine through. So whats your price range and what kind of speaker are you looking for (monitors or floor standers), how big is your room?
One suggestion, try a preamp. You might like it, you might not but worth a try.
I've heard the Einstein with Daedelis speakers and been very impressed. You'll need to consider what speakers would best suit your room. Tell us more about the amp specification. There are a number of great speakers that are easy to drive and should therefore be pretty friendly to all amps. What is your speaker budget?